Friday, 4 March 2011

The 18 hour girder

Well not quite that long, but I couldn't resist the title. Anyone under 45 is now wondering what the hell I'm talking about. Never mind you haven't missed much. The first sort of finished central bridge support, based around those at Seaford (see earlier post). I noted that these had cable stringers running fore-aft so added these to the obvious Airfix footbridge parts with a bit of 10x20 thou strip. The footing is a slice of 6mm MDF and a little Slater brick. The top piece representing the visible girder end... Well... a slice of sprue and ahem...

My ex, and now late, mother-in-law was diabetic and need to test sugar levels daily. I spotted the fact that the machinery for this was 5 thou plastic strip, so nearly 20 years ago I blagged a load.
Thus, the top of the girder is a bit of sprue and a piece of plastic that my ex mother-in-law has peed on.
You only get sheer class here.

No comments:

Post a Comment