Friday 25 January 2013

Neil Young

Amongst all the goodies in my Christmas stocking was this light piece of reading by the Goldrush poet Neil Young. What I wasn't expecting on page one was '... opening the sticky tape... Lionel switcher locomotive..'. Seems as though not only is the old Crosby Stills,Nash and Young guitarist a modeller, but is involved in the R&D of the company and has a financial stake. The Lionel connection is mentioned repeatedly and Bachmann (I presume) tacitly slagged.
I wouldn't say I recommend it as a jolly read, but this point indicates that muso/modeller link yet again.

1 comment:

  1. That's interesting, I had no idea. I've been interested in his work for a long time although not a "fan"....this certainly makes me look at him in a favourable light!

    ReplyDelete