Tuesday 15 September 2015

Cov-car

The only modelling I'm getting done at the moment is shed-loads of Southern stuff. Maybe my heart's not really in it, or maybe because the project has no easy route through it, I don't know. It just seems to be taking a long time to get any momentum going. Last week I managed to get the Parkside kit for the post war CC T done. More basic than I expected and even though I didn't add all the possible brake linkages, it still needed a fair bit of extra parts to make it work visually. The window bars are a case in point. No parts are included, but without them it looks pants. A foot or so of microstrip painted grey and lashed from one end of the van to the other does the trick.
Below the real deal in it's pre-war planked version at the Bluebell a couple of weeks back.

1 comment:

  1. If you want a bit more of a challenge, I've got a Chivers Finelines etched brass BY in the flat kit collection!
    I know what you mean about lack of momentum......I have all sorts of projects that perhaps I "should" be getting on with (some rolling stock for Fidley would be a good idea for example) but currently seem to be happier churning out enough 009 wagons to equip the Vale of Rheidol and Plynlimon & Hafan combined!
    I haven't forgotten about some "words" for Fidley by the way.....just need to make a start.
    S.

    ReplyDelete