Thursday, 21 April 2016

Load gauge

Another head scratch moment. The rule of course is don't read instructions and don't read the label. The Ratio loading gauge ( is that really the correct term?) is marked SR/BR. Err...I can't find any picture in any Southern book which shows a similar bit of kit. The post itself yes, but not the rather convoluted lifting mechanism. What they all have is a bar across the top and 'jutty-out' bits holding cable/chains which hold the bump bar.
Keep the post, keep the bar and bodge the rest seems the likely solution.

3 comments:

  1. This is a bit of a heads up for me. I just bought one of these in the last few days. And following on from your post a quick Google search threw up an example at the preserved station, Midsomer Norton that looks a bit like the diagram and components.

    I'll probably just suck it up and build the model as is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, but that proves my point. A prototype tucked away on the S&D is hardly 'typical'. Southern, yes, but it's stretching the point a bit. The typical is this one at Heathfield which crops up all over the region.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/31890193@N08/sets/72157638151297203/with/11102950816/

    CF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've found the one you're talking about. Nope, standard lifting bar with outriggers not like the Ratio kit.

    ReplyDelete