Sunday 12 December 2021

Constructing a Wills small station building.


I had a rummage through the box of unmade kits and bits. I'm not a bad as some I know who can't refuse a bargain, but there is still enough to keep someone going through the next lockdown. (I have a wager on Boxing Day). One object that has been on the  list was a part-built Wills station building which had taken up residence. In order to make things a little easier I pinged off some of the parts that were not too firmly fixed, and fished out some likely parts from the scrap pile; that being some Wills weatherboard, 2mm Ratio corrugated offcuts and odd bits of guttering. A small 8' square lamp room was put together in fairly short order and the original structure given a rough coat of Humbrol 29.

The double door was halved, all the fittings were painted a pale green and the whole lot got a coat of finest Games Workshop Base Corax White.  With the roof and chimney painted it was done. One item ticked off and I can feel a project taking shape in my head.


 

4 comments:

  1. Looks great Chris, the off white with the worn green doors, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could get that degree of realistic finish on buildings. Those slates are a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Les there. Project Col Stephens' perhaps? Good luck on a new venture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unknown here, I should have signed off
    Andrew Knights!!

    ReplyDelete