Tuesday 4 January 2022

Hornby Terrier


 I've been pottering though this on and off for a couple of weeks. Standard Mk1 Terrier with added pipework, lamp irons, crew, cab details and vac pipes, and with the sand boxes moved from above the footplate to below as per the prototype. Mostly referenced with two colour photos of the loco at Sheffield Park and Kemp Town. Cost : £40 and time.

I like projects like this: high work to cost ratio and much more fun than buying the new Mk 2 item which has all the upgrades in place and finer wheels.

3 comments:

  1. As usual a superb job of adding muck too! Very atmospheric. At least you can run yours on Drury's Gap, mine are still homeless!
    Andrew K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. I bet your details don't fall off when you breathe on it either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat...in a grubby way!
    Don't think I've ever owned a RTR Terrier though I made a right pig's ear of a K's kit when in my teens and a not much better job of a Westward one a few years later...neither ever ran.

    ReplyDelete