Friday 7 October 2022

Half Acre N gauge

 

Ph: Craig Tiley
As you may or may not have noticed, the long drawn out and marginally frustrating Half Acre build is now running in RM with the final instalment in the December '22 issue. It will also be appearing at the Warley show although without me behind it. To tie up with this, a new page tag has appeared at the top of this page with a couple of shots taken by the Ed. along with the RM track plan.

Its future was discussed yesterday at a local level, the upshot of which is that if Peco don't want it, it will be probably be up for grabs at some point. In other words I don't want to keep it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris,
    Half Acre really has turned out nicely.
    Wherever it ends up, I hope it has more of an exhibition career than just the big W, which I really can't see me going to.
    I'm slowly gathering "stuff" for something a bit more modern (late '80s/early '90s) than Fidley in N although actual layout building will have to wait until I've got more space to work on and store such things.
    Given the location of Half Acre, I wonder what the line would be like now? Under an industrial estate or blocks of flats, or maybe a small infrastructure yard with lots of Portakabins and the like. There would probably be a lot more vegetation, too...

    ReplyDelete