Friday 7 April 2023

And then there were two


 Sparked by the completion of No. 28 which took several years, I reached to my right and pulled out another German van and did another. The upper levels are much the same, though I did batch build the vent covers; not that it has improved them dramatically.

The main change was the underframe realignments and the nice slippery and impossible to stick black plastic. This was a nightmare before and I resorted to my almost gone bottle of Daywat Poly, and even this wasn't overly keen. The solution was found hanging on the bathroom wall in the form of a single sheet of bog paper. Cut to size and washed over the part with only boring Plasweld it bonds to the plastic. This means that the attaching plastic part will also bond to it from the other direction. Simple. And my thanks to the Rev Ian for the tip.

Show the love. https://www.buymeacoffee.com/chrisford2Q

1 comment:

  1. These really look good. A few years ago, I converted some Egger-Bahn items to 12mm gauge but later passed them on. I wasn't quite as adventurous as you though, and kept the brakeman's hut on my white van. I think I had a couple of the long brown goods vans, which didn't need a lot doing to the bodies. Actually, this reminds me that there's a "rescue" short van (with that funny circular vent thing on the (broken) roof) that needs rehabilitating....
    Nice thing about the white vans is that they seem to be as common as the proverbial, whereas some other Egger vehicles can be a bit scarce. Not that this stops me wanting to hack them about, it just makes them an expensive thing to attack. I'll be intersted to see how this project goes, Caribbean inspired layouts aren't exactly 2 a penny!

    ReplyDelete