Thursday 4 January 2024

January thinking

 


And so to opening again. I closed for the usual annual oh no it's not season. Either no one comes here anymore or everyone sussed this and (this time) didn't moan about it. TBH I did consider closing for good, but after six weeks of not touching a keyboard I needed something to get my fingers moving again. 

So what now? Primary is to move quickly on with the Peco 009 build. This has laid moribund for the period and I now find myself wondering what the hell I was doing before the break and what it was that I'd planned to do next. The secondary is a more general thought pattern of what comes after that. There are only two shows this year (100% up on last) but one of those is more of a weekend away with mates with a 009 Society members day shoe-horned into the middle, so may not count. Much of this centres around June, nicely halfway and the forward thinking is for beyond that. Bisecting this is the WRG bash in March where Svanda will spring into life with upgrades by Mr. Hill (10 weeks, no pressure). All that aside, there is the usual day-jobby things of hitting bits of plastic and a little teaching. 

The forward thinking post June is a recycled idea and ties very much to the questions in the post below this. The idea is remarkably similar to a certain local gentleman's past efforts and while I am sharply aware of this, I am also aware that I lack his outside box design thinking so there will be considerable differences.
With fingers woken up …. onward.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're back...I did check occasionally but guessed that was why you'd shut down the blog.
    Your comment about the 009 perhaps illustrates how much thought we put into these little endeavours. I keep meaning to write stuff down as I do it/think about it but this rarely happens due to slackness and I pretty soon wouldn't understand what I was going on about anyway. Same goes for a blog, though at least I could put in photos.
    I will be taking my little Teutonic thing to Steyning; it's acquired a bit more rolling stock and a couple more locos.
    10 weeks? Blimey! I'd better get a bit more done to it...

    ReplyDelete