Saturday 13 April 2024

Project 70 (a)


 The 'a' is important. There are two possible directions post the Peco 009 which is stacked here. Firstly build a small selection of 16.5mm derived layouts with various themes. This will happen in at least a small way, but not sure to the final extent of it and this is very much dependant on exhibition invites. The second, but primary here, is something bigger, but in many ways much simpler. No name to hook it on so I'll go with that moniker for the time being. 

What you are seeing is the corner of the room directly behind me. There is a clear space of about 9' square overall. This sounds huge, but in real terms the centre of this is needed for other general life stuff so the reality is really only an area that extends around the outside. picture now the endless Shows you How small bedroom illustrations and you are sort of close to what is going on. The shelving holding the magazine files is now fixed and a batten extends around to the right as the start of the next phase, except that is really the first phase using Rhiw2 as the initial, but disposable springboard. In essence I am returning to something I've not done since my teens - building a trainset. There is much to consider and I am still at the 'this may not work' stage.

If you've enjoyed this waffle, show the love. https://www.buymeacoffee.com/chrisford2Q

1 comment:

  1. Will watch with interest. My return to 16.5mm has been a bit of a slow burner; I pretty much gave up on it in my teens, with only the odd bit of French, American, or narrow gauge, none of which resulted in a completed layout, in between.

    ReplyDelete