Monday 5 August 2024

Bredgar and Wormshill model show

 


Rhiw 2's second outing this weekend at the Bredgar model show. Unusual these days, although I did exhibit at the almost equivalent Amberley Museum weekend for quite a number of years. The exhibition takes place in the engine shed which throws up issues that you don't normally encounter, but this being my first visit here, I was pretty impressed. Very friendly and the whole site was very well ordered and clean. None of the piles of tat that often surround such operations. 

Rhiw behaved almost faultlessly with only a minor coupling problem on the 08. It fills my front room on testing, but disappears in the shed amongst the resting locomotives. The essential trip down the line is more than entertaining with some very convoluted run-rounds and engine swaps which give the impression that the crews are having way too much fun. I'd recommend the place for a visit, but check the website for opening. It looks as though something Norwegian my be going next year. 


2 comments:

  1. It was good to see you, Nigel and Rhiw yesterday. I didn't really have a chance to have a proper look at Rhiw at Steyning as I was otherwise occupied, so some of the subtleties had escaped me, especially the use of space.
    I didn't realise that you hadn't been to Bredgar before; I suppose I almost take it for granted a bit as it's just up the road and I've probably been visiting for about 25 years.
    The railway has matured nicely...when I first visited, it was a lot more exposed as a lot of the trees were much smaller, and in a way it was more like outsize LGB as everything was squeaky clean...now, while it still has the charm, it's got the feeling of being more comfortable in its surroundings.
    The rolling stock has developed a lot, too...wagons and coaches are more substantial, whereas in the beginning they looked more homespun.
    All the best,
    Stig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhiw layout on YouTube ? Thank you

    ReplyDelete