Sunday 24 October 2010

Wiring for Rhiw


Rhiw has been put on the back-burner for a while for various reasons, academia being one. It has been described as a bit of a millstone, but I don't regard it as such, only that it's taken a while to get it over the 'hump' to where the fun bit starts. And I have spent more than enough of my limited funds on it already; so it has to get done. I can't get the facia on until the bridge is fitted (for height reasons). I can't put the backscene board on until the wiring is done.

Wiring. Possibly not my favourite job, but needs to be done. This is the main board of Rhiw - simplicity itself: two point feeds (to switch the polarity) and two track feeds (the black and the yellow/white). I don't complicate my life with point motors and rarely section anything unless it's critical. Keep it simple has long been a motto in this and anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment