Thursday 13 October 2011

Oddjob 3 Peco 0-16.5 van

There is in my loft a small-ish box marked '7mm ng'. Strictly speaking it should say 'discarded Hornby that no-one else wants'. However (and you may notice that I'm working my way through it) there was a small plastic bag containing what I think are the 7mm NGA packs for the PECO van and two coach sides. A little raking around found a fairly modern body-less Hornby wagon chassis. I think I'm right in saying that it is punishable by up to three years in prison for not having a PECO van, so I thought that I'd better hurry up and build it.Peco 0-16.5 van The components are as above: 2 sides, 2 ends, a roof, some wire and the afore mentioned chassis now topped with a piece of 40 thou plastic 71x 37mm using UHU as liquid solvent won't touch the slippery plastic.


Peco 0-16.5 van I believe that the original chassis for the kit is 40mm w/b, whereas this is is a little shorter and I've mounted the body quite low. A brake handle and shoe, plus dummy solebars to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment