Thursday 30 August 2012

Roxey Stroudley

 Brian Cameron embarrassed me into this.
He sidled up to me at the end of the party after showing his 7mm NER 4w coach and said 'Come on, I've shown you mine, now show me yours.' The 'mine' in question was a Roxey Mouldings Stroudley 4w Brake Third. The range of four wheelers blown up from their 4mm kits had smiled at me at the Croydon show a few years back and I bought one, and if it doesn't pertain to food or sex then a Brake Third is about as useful as you can get. What I waved back at Brian was only the chassis unit, for even though I'd started it at the time I'd only got as far as a running chassis before I wandered off to something else.
Now this was at the old Croydon show venue; the one with the dark satanic gymnasium. And I think I was showing Einsford Mill. I'm sure Richard Preece will let me know just how long ago that was. (2000. Oh dear)
So a start was made on the body - flanges bent, tumblehomes rolled with a rolling pin and a copy of What Broomstick, and now I'm moving through the side details. Top photo shows droplights going on. Then came the door vents, and in the lower photo, the door hinges which are almost invisible except from this angle.
I have to admit that I'm quite enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment