Friday 29 December 2017

Dinky Toys

I don't normally do this sort of thing, but this caught my eye yesterday. Firmly aimed at 'gentlemen of a certain age' a partwork of repro Dinky cars from the 1950s onward. You get a car with box and a slim volume of info about the model and the prototype. The scale is stated as 1:43, though this should be taken with a pinch of salt. It looks closer to 1:50 to me.

This first is priced at £2.99, the second is £7.99, the third and onward £11.99. Or that is what it appears. What I can't find out is how many there are all together so I can't calculate a final figure. Even at eleven quid it doesn't seem too bad (how much are diecasts now?).
Probably one of the better of this sort of thing, but as it's not the original, the forward value is questionable.

No comments:

Post a Comment