Saturday 12 December 2020

Baseboards and points

 

Progress is slow. Mainly because I keep getting dragged into other projects like colour light signals. However the first bit of track is down and the point control 'shelf' has been fitted.  Although 'mouseholes' have been used of late I much prefer this method as the switches are easier to get at with regard to wiring and it's somewhere to put the uncoupling paddle.

This is of course not so much a build as a rebuild: the boards are rescued from the GWR project, the gallows are the 12" wide set that were last used on Rhiw and the facia boards ditto. This meant that is was just a case of measuring and drilling new bolt holes for these at the appropriate spots.

I still need a name for this and indeed a more positive location. Suggestions on  a five pound note please to the usual address.

With reference to the comments in the post below, I feel that this will explain. Not the classic pose, but close.



7 comments:

  1. Close enough to pass. Sorry to have been disrespectful gentlemen, but then I know you'll both get your own back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny. That looks like my mate Terry on the left and, judging by the hand, me standing next to him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you're right and it is Terry, Chris! I take it this was at Chailey?

    ReplyDelete
  4. As it was taken by Adrian Colenutt, I imagine it might have been Uckfield. My local show but he doesn't like my stuff. Bah humbug. Never mind, Hurrah for WRG at Steyning/Lancing and the Burgess Hill MRC show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Les is right - this is not Chailey but Uckfield: (a) there is a barrier in front of the layout, (b) the operator has what looks like an Uckfield badge pinned on his shirt pocket, and (c) the curtian looks like those in one of the side rooms at the back of the Civic Centre. As for humbug - being very much non-local and having exhibited at Uckfield six times - I had better say no more.

    CP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I thought I recognised those curtains from somewhere!
    I remember taking the Sewage Works to Uckfield...2 days operating it was probably a day and a bit too many.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now Simon... But I'm with you on micros and 2 day exhibitions. By Sunday afternoon I'm crawling up the wall.

    ReplyDelete