Tuesday 30 January 2024

Eastleigh show

Like Goldilocks' porridge this is just right. The Southampton club have a reputation for turning out a good show and this was no exception. The exhibition manager has changed since my last visit, though if I didn't know that I wouldn't have noticed. The usual medium to high quality mix of layouts with a lean toward the finescale on one hand, but enough to keep a general family audience entertained. Trade was a good mix with not too many pure box shifters. Good to see a stand of ABS bits back on the scene and the ever expanding H&A Models who took a little money off me.

Strangely my only issue was with food, but because the servings were a little heavy handed, and not because of quality, and the staff in this area were super friendly... unlike a rival show just down the road (maybe it's a scummers and skates thing. If you know, you know).

Show 10

Catering 8

Rucksacks 2


 

1 comment:

  1. I like the LT/BR (West London?) layout...looks authentically steam-age mucky but without being post-apocalyptic. It very much reminds me of some of the colour photos I've seen of the era.
    What scale is the Broad Gauge loco?
    Apropos exhibitions, there's another Ashford "Festival of Railway Modelling" this year, celebrating 140 years of the (LC&DR) Maidstone East-Ashford line, April 6th & 7th.
    I guess the LC&DR/SER thing is a bit like Scummers and Skates...

    ReplyDelete