Friday 18 February 2011

Electrotren 0-6-0

Electrotren 0-6-0
I don't normally buy CM, but I had to waste a bit of time in Lewes waiting for the Memsahib's exhaust to be fixed (that's her car's exhaust, not her's) so picked up what may have been the tail-end of last month's run. This caught my eye.

It's made by Joueff which is now under Hornby's European wing. It's Spanish and HO. That notwithstanding it would be a cracking base for a light railway loco (or any number of O-16.5 derivatives)as it's an outside cylindered 060 - not a prolific beast in RTR terms. The wheels look similar to the Terrier/Toby so I suspect it may have the same multi-wheelbase chassis block. All I know is from this review, but for 43 quid it's worth a trial. Kerr Stuart 'Victory' anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment