Monday 7 March 2011

Pipe dreams

I think it's the nature of the beast that modellers plan themselves into bad health. Someone wrote once that a good modeller has one layout done, building another and planning two more. Or was it bad modeller? No matter. I, like everyone else, am prone to flights of fancy and fantasy. The 'closer look' at S scale (see below) got me thinking. The initial draw was standard gauge, but then coincidentally while looking for something else (isn't that always the way?) I tripped over a few photocopied sheets given to me by Tim Rayner on the Barbados Railway. The initial gauge of this being 3'6", which is about right for 16.5 in S scale.

You know what happened next. Hours of timewasting mentally working out what could be done and how. The problem being that the three photos enclosed on the sheets were late period and hazy. More time wasted scouring the net, but to no avail. There's nothing. Only a continual reference to a Locomotives International book on the line which of course I don't have.

The reality is that this is a bad idea. It's wildcard put in the way of getting what I should be doing done. Which is getting Rhiw finished and possibly - just possibly - looking at broadening Garn.

1 comment: