Tuesday 3 April 2012

Mallorcan Railways Soller Tramway

Soller TramwayIn 2004 I jumped off a ship for a couple of hours in Palma with the preconception that it was going to be like Blackpool with sunshine (it isn't). I eventually found the stations on that day and fell in love with the place. The reason for the silence here during the last week is that I got back there at last with Mrs. F in tow.
There will be more about this trip in the following days, but I'll start with the Soller Railway which can be summed up in one word - elegant. It is a preserved line in a way, but no Mk1's here, just beautiful matchboard balcony coaches and Bo-Bo electrics. I defy anyone not to like these. here No 4 runs round empty stock at Palma 31/03/12

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a good holiday...look forward to reading more! If the photo is anything to go by, I'm on my way...

    ReplyDelete