Tuesday, 19 January 2016

Step 2

Back to the milky bar. Although there's a lot of cleaning up to do on all parts the cab steps are a bit grim. The two upper treads were so damaged that I cut my loses and filed them off and super glued some 20 x 10 thou strip on to replace. This is pre- final clean up, but post drilling a 0.5mm hole in the top to add a bit of wire to act as a positive locator. Without it (and possibly despite it) the join will fail the first time the loco is picked up. I did consider that I may have been better off carving the unit from a solid block of plastic.

No comments:

Post a comment