Wednesday 21 October 2020

O gauge wagon

O gauge wagon

 The first of the completed wagons for Oake. Fairly mundane, but that's what's nice about wagons. Peco - ex-Websters GW 4-plank built as per the instructions if not in quite the same order. Perched on Dury's Gap for speed. I reckon I need about eight in total plus the brake with a couple of Slaters 4-wheelers. If you say that quickly it doesn't sound too much, until that is you compare with the same in 4mm mostly bought from club stands at exhibitions for £2-4 a pop. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice...wagon kits are very much a "gateway drug" to get you into 0 gauge. Nearly worked for me...you may remember I had quite a few kits 20 odd years ago and I think I even managed to build some of them!
    Would I ever have another go at 7mm? Probably not, at least not in standard gauge although Gilly's tinplate stuff may get an airing at Christmas....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh, I've many happy memories of 'club stands at exhibitions' :-)

    ReplyDelete