Wednesday 24 February 2021

Ratio ARP box

ARP signal box

 In some lights I like this and in others I don't. 

Pluses: It's well designed and the fit is perfect throughout. 

Minuses: I'm struggling with brickwork at the moment. This is not good bearing in mind what's coming up on the layout building front. The window bars are prototypical, but despite that look like 1958 Airfix. These are not separate units so would need hacking out from the body sides to replace. This isn't beyond the skill of most people - just saying.

The roof is a loose fit in case I decide to detail it up at some point. 

What I may do is put it in the buildings box until it gets a proper home. Possibly on a wagon-fest design that I have in the back of my head.

1 comment:

  1. I take back my "Airfix" comment, well mostly. I now realise that the frames and glazing bars are concrete and thus thick, rather than from an ancient and origibnally overscale mould! The result is that they LOOK like Airfix, but at least are meant to.
    I wonder if any had Crittle windows added post war?
    Andrew Knights (AKA Unknown)

    ReplyDelete