Wednesday 15 November 2023

Let's go railway modelling...



I'm hesitant about this, but it would be easy to let it be the elephant in the room. I wrote the main text back in 2019 and the whole gist of the project was for it to be a general book that would appear in bookshops, not just via the model trade and obviously to tie up with the Channel 5 Challenge series. Events move on, as do characters, and I only realised that it had been relaunched when the phone and emails arrived last week as it appeared on the RM editorial. So here it is with me grinning stupidly and wearing the spare specs. I have to admit I prefer the  more subtle original cover below, but note that the AotC makes an appearance on both. Of all the layouts I've built...

It is of course a team effort and most of the work was done by Tim Rayner, young Craig and Steve Flint, graphically steered by Adrian and the art dept. chaps. At the time of writing I have not seen a copy so I can't comment further, but of course, do rush out and buy one from Smiths or wherever.


 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Chris, from one author to another. I just wanted to say I prefer the new cover to the old one. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete