Tuesday, 2 September 2014

Cracked Egg

 I decided to work around the desk in a clockwise fashion... sort of.
First up was to finish the Egger to tramcar conversion. The second bench seat was added and lead stuffed everywhere before I added the new bulkhead panels in one end. So far so good. Then the tits went up as as I mentioned earlier in this one, there was a worry that the ageing plastic would shatter... it did, and cracked across both layers while removing the second end part.
I elected to try to weld it together. Tricky, as the slippery plastic seems to be immune to most solvents. The second bulkhead panels were added and the roof perched jauntily on top.
Onward with the new outer ends and glass.

No comments:

Post a comment